Monday, April 6, 2009
Baseball on my lunch break
Since I work for a Pohlad Family company, we had the opportunity to purchase season ticket packages for the Minnesota Twins for a reduced deposit price. Even though it would be fun to have season tickets, I can't afford it. Supporting another Minnesota team all year is enough. But as a way to drum up some excitement for the Twins, we had a little rally at work last week. Members of the Twins organization were there to sign people up for Twins season ticket packages. You could also enter a drawing for numerous prizes including Twins tickets, autographed hats and baseballs and bobbleheads. TC Bear was also there and so were 2 former Twins players, Ron Coomer and Terry Steinbach. Both seemed very nice but Ron Coomer was extremely nice. I got an autographed baseball signed by each of them as well as a picture. The picture didn't turn out the best. We were in the atrium so the sun is shining down on my face plus the picture is a little blurry. You get the idea anyways. To top it all off, I also ended up winning one of the prizes, a bobblehead. It wasn't delivered to me until the next day but when I received it, I was MORE than happy. I ended up getting 4 bobbleheads! I won the following bobbleheads: Joe Mauer, (sorry Ang, I'm not going to give it to you) Gary Gaetti, Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau. What a good way to get me pumped for Twins baseball season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
LOL, that's fine... keep the bobblehead - can we agree that if you ever meet Joe, that you'll at least slip him my number?!
GO TWINS!
Pretty sweet!
Post a Comment