Sunday, June 7, 2009

An Awesome Weekend

Despite the unseasonably cold, cloudy and rainy weather, I had an awesome weekend with M. We spent the whole weekend together, something we haven't done for what seems like a long time, at least when it's completely on our own terms and schedules.  On Friday, we went out to Great Water Brewing Company in St. Paul for some micro brew and dinner.  We bummed around downtown taking pictures of anything and acting as though we were tourists.  









On Saturday, we went to the other downtown, Minneapolis, to go to a restaurant that neither M nor I have ever been to but has been on our list for over two years.  Fogo de Chao!  For those that don't know, Fogo de Chao, (chao is pronounced 'shoun') is a Brazilian steakhouse with that has a fixed price.  There is a salad bar with items such as lox, asparagus that I never seen that big before, prosciutto and different cheeses.  Then comes the meats.  There are servers that walk around with meat on skewers serving it you as you want it.  They also serve garlic mashed potatoes, polenta and caramelized bananas.  The bananas were so good!  Everything was delicious.  We really paced ourselves and didn't completely gorge ourselves either.  If you want to read more about the restaurant and a review of it on Twin Cities Restaurant Blog, go HERE!
After the restaurant, we headed home to have a wine night.  We didn't have many this past winter so we have plenty of bottles of wine at home.  We lit the candles and turned on some new music for June (we download 100+  songs a month and listen to the playlist for the whole month and then on to a new playlist for the following month)  and cracked a couple of bottles of wine.  I stayed up late for my standards which made M happy.  I always fall asleep first.  



Sunday we went out to breakfast and then ran some errands and finally to go see the movie, The Hangover.  It was a good no-thought movie for a Sunday.  At the movie theatre they had these funky mirrors so we took a couple pics of ourselves.




4 comments:

Ang said...

what a great weekend!!! looks like you guys had a wonderful time together -
LOVE Fogo!! :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Fogo is the BEST!!!! I wish I could afford to go back. Glad you had a nice weekend, I was lazy and just bummed around!

Jamie said...

Fogo sounds good! Looks like you guys had an enjoyable weekend - that's nice :)

Michelle Leigh said...

I love Fogo! One of my faves! The beer looked tasty too! Sounds like a great weekend!