But now, I'm sick again. This time I started out with a sore throat yesterday and I've progressively gotten worse. I can feel it in my head now and my nose is either stuffed up or running. I haven't been sick for almost a year with a cold so I guess I am due. I hope it doesn't get much worse than it already is.
Do any of you play fantasy sports? I play both fantasy baseball and football. I made it to the finals for football only to lose. I still ended up with a $150 prize. (There was a $75 entry fee) I then participated in my first fantasy playoff pools. I entered two of them and lost the one ($20 entry fee) and came in 3rd place out of 36 people on the other one, which paid me $120. ($30 entry fee) And I just got my email invite for fantasy baseball today. Baseball's right around the corner! I've won the World Series for baseball (2007-$275) and won the Super Bowl for football (2007-$500) since my fantasy sports career started in 2004 for money leagues. I have 8 other virtual trophies for leagues that weren't for money, ranging from 3rd place to champion.
I weighed in again for the 5th week of The Biggest Loser contest at work. After 2 weeks of recording no weight lost since I was on vacation, I am in 3rd place. I very close to 2nd place and very distant to 1st place but all you need is one good or bad week for anyone for things to change. I didn't gain any weight while in Florida, which can be hard sometimes while on vacation. I stuck to my diet completely which kind of frustrates me since I thought I would have been able to weigh in at home and have lost something. I weighed in today at work and finally had a 1.2 lb loss since coming back a week ago. Slowly, but hopefully surely. 4 weeks left of the contest.
I haven't had any time to sit and write about my Florida trip. That would be due to the fact that I've been glued to the TV since the Olympics started. Are any of you watching? My favorite so far was the men's moguls and short track but I am looking forward to the snowboarding competitions coming up tomorrow, which probably means that I won't write about Florida for another day.
Finally, M and I celebrated Valentine's Day last Friday evening. My honey took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, which I think has surpassed Kincaid's as my favorite steakhouse. As usual, I had the Filet Mignon but mixed things up a bit getting it Oscar style, with a crab cake, asparagus and Bearnaise sauce on it. It was delicious. Then M and I went to see the movie Dear John. If you've read the Nicholas Sparks book as I have, I don't recommend it. It varied too much from the book for me to fully enjoy the movie but I did love the fact that I was able to go to a chick flick with M...it was even his idea! On Saturday, I spent the day running some errands and I made some chocolate, like last year, for my family. The one thing M and I didn't do this year is go to White Castle. I've taken M there for V-Day for the last few years and it's kind of our cheesy joke together but with us being in Florida and not being able to make reservations and both of us watching our diets, it was out this year. Maybe again next year.
This turned into a really lost post so I'm going to stop and hopefully I'll be back on the next two days to give you an update of my first few days in Florida, including the Pro Bowl.
Until then...
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you are sick, dear girl. (I wondered where you've been...) Get well, PRONTO!
Have you been to Lindey's Steak House, in Roseville? (www.theplaceforsteak.com) That's our fav. Try it - you'll love it!
hugs.
Post a Comment