Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quest for Comedy

I forgot to blog about this because I didn't take any pictures but for June's Quest for Comedy, M and I went to Acme Comedy Club to see John Evans on Tuesday, June 8th. The night was just...weird. There were many things that made the night awkward. Let's keep track:

  • It was a Tuesday night there were only 40 or so people in the audience.
  • M and I were seated in the very front row. Our feet touched the stage and it was not comfortable being that close to the stage.
  • The 1st comedian was a female and it was painful to watch her. She was not comfortable up there and she wasn't doing very well. If it wasn't her first show ever, it was probably her second.
  • M was picked on repeatedly and yelled at by the 2nd comedian and was called a "a f*cking a$$hole" multiple times. M wasn't bothered by it though. It just comes with the territory of sitting so close to the stage.
  • The 2nd comedian also asked M questions about our sex life and if we are freaky in the bedroom. I was pretty embarrassed and I thank M for not answering his questions!
  • John Evans headlined the show. We saw him open up for Bobcat Goldthwait last fall and he was hilarious but not so much this evening. His timing was off and there were so many awkward pauses. Nobody likes uncomfortable silence, right?
This night was truly a QUEST for comedy and I'm not sure we really succeeded. Better luck next month.

No comments: