Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saji-Ya with Han-Ya!

I went to Saji-Ya in St. Paul for sushi last Thursday with my friend Han-Ya!, also known as Tan-Tan, or Tanya.  Tanya and I don't see each other very often but we both still consider each other best friends.  I've known Tanya since I was 14 and no matter how much time has elapsed between visits, we always pick up where we left off.  I had two kinds of maki sushi, spicy tuna and spider rolls, which I did not like at all. It had crab in it and burdock roots, which I'm not sure what those but one of the two had a distinct taste I did not like.  I should have known that I would not like anything with spider in the name. I also had a seaweed salad for my first time and I loved it!  Tanya didn't want me to take any pictures of her so you'll have to settle with the picture of the sign and the food.



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love Seaweed Salad. I wonder if they are all the same or if they have different varieties of it.

Jamie said...

I'm glad you got your sushi fix. We have been talking about going forever...mostly my bad. Someday we'll get there again.