Last Wednesday both M and I met my Grandpa and my aunt Donna at the Lake Elmo Inn for dinner. It was a rainy, chilly October evening. We had never been there before but I've always heard good things about their brunch. I didn't expect it to be as small and quaint as it was. One the inside, there are thousands of salt and pepper shakers everywhere in cases. We all ordered something different; Walleye, Prawns and Pasta, Filet Mignon and Vegetable Pasta. Before you eat, they give you a lemon sorbet to cleanse your palate and after dinner, they bring hot wash cloths and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Even the leftovers are wrapped intricately in aluminum foil. My grandpa's looked like an Easter basket and Donna's was in the shape of a swan. We all enjoyed our food however the service was extremely slow for Wednesday night. It took over 2 hours from start to finish and our server was not very attentive to our needs.
After dinner, we went Woodwinds hospital in Woodbury where M's dad was staying overnight as he had surgery on his foot. I think I mentioned a different post that he had shattered his heel recently. We only had about 15 minutes to visit him since visiting hours were until 9 pm but he was very happy to see us as we were his last visitors of the night and two of his other kids had been there earlier in the evening. He looked so cute lying in his bed and his hair all messy and the surgery earlier in the day went better than expected.

2 comments:
Steve and I have been wanting to try that place too! I hate shitty service though... especially on a Wed night. That sucks!
Glad the surgery went well!
A shattered heel?? OUCH!
Post a Comment