My typical Labor Day weekend usually involves hanging out at M's parents house and partying with his family. This year, we helped my parents move to a townhouse back in the old neighborhood. My mom has been working so hard the last month having a garage sale and packing up everything while I'm sure my dad feels frustrated that he can't do much to help.
Despite it being a holiday weekend, we had a nice crew of people helping and it really only took less than 2 hours to empty their house and about an hour to unload it on Saturday. Once unloaded, we ate good food that my aunt prepared for us. The girls helped unpack the boxes and make the beds while guys put together furniture and hooked up electronics. (Sounds so sexist, doesn't it?)
By mid-afternoon, my parents were already enjoying the weather on their patio.
By evening, my dad and I walked around the pond, seeing lots of crayfish and fresh deer tracks.
| Pond from their view |
| Looking towards my parent's place. My mom is on 2nd patio from the left. |
I went back to their house on Sunday and just shortly after I got there, a turkey was walking right by their patio door. I love turkeys! I tried to take a picture but I scared it away.
I helped my dad with the garage, moving boxes into the house and other parts of the garage and organizing it. My dad's goal was to get a car in the garage by Monday evening and we had the car in there by Sunday afternoon. We hung around doing really nothing other than listening to music when I realized that I missed my fantasy football draft. Oops.
It feels really good to have my parents back on the north side of the cities again and only 3 minutes away by car.
I didn't really do anything Monday than just go out to breakfast, watch some TV, do some stuff around the house and relax.
Did you have a good holiday weekend?
1 comment:
Back to Vadnais? I didn't realize they had ever moved away, I was still picturing them on Clover (it was Clover, wasn't it??!!)
Post a Comment