Thursday, December 13, 2012

Alpha Gang HH

I hadn't met with the Alphabet Gang since before June.  The day we were scheduled to meet in June, my dad told me of his diagnosis.  I couldn't meet in September either due to benefit planning.  Aaron, Carrie, Catha and Tiffany all came to the benefit and each and every one of the gang came to my dad's memorial service.  I'm so thankful to have these guys as friends.

Tuesday, November 27th, we met at the original Green Mill location on Hamline and Grand Avenue in St. Paul.  This was my first time (besides Madonna with Tanya) that I hung out with any of my friends since my dad passed away.  While it might seem like I'm out and about, I'm not really and spend quite a bit of time at home.

Meeting with the group felt good but I felt a little withdrawn.  It didn't help that I showed up late because I couldn't get out of work so I felt a little out of sync with conversations and what had already been talked about.  I'm glad I got out though.

I've had some invitations from some of you friends and I've declined when I may have taken you up in the past.  Please don't take it personally.  I haven't read your blogs and commented and I probably haven't responded to your email or Facebook message.  I'm just slowly making my way back into my social schedule. I'm getting there and will be ready for all of that soon.  I know I've talked a lot about my dad and so many unfortunate events in life for the past couple of months and I'm sorry if my tone is negative or if I'm a Debbie Downer/Negative Nelly.  I don't mean for it to be but my dad's death is a life consuming thing for me right now.  

I didn't get any pictures of the group because I didn't make any effort to.  I did take a picture of the sign when I left though.



1 comment:

Kristi said...

Totally understandable.... I'll still be here for you when you're ready for me!! Maybe a dinner with Heather and Ang after the holidays??