Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lordy, Lordy...

My oldest and closest guy friend, Chris (aka ex-boyfriend) turned 40 on June 18th.  Chris knew I would be coming out to meet him and his wife Tanya out for food and drinks on Friday, June 21st but he didn't know M was coming as M was planning to go on a weekend motorcycle ride.

The weather in the evening turned really severe so there was a delay in us meeting them out in Maple Grove. We ended up leaving our house in the 8 pm hour but it took well over an hour to get there just trying to get out of the neighborhood with downed trees and power lines and flooding in the streets. We even had to drive over a live wire.  We were also stuck in road construction on the freeway while the whole area was without power so it was completely dark.

Downed tree and powerlines across the entire street and car in ditches on both sides

Chris was very surprised to see M when we walked into the door of Friday's.  We were starving at this point so we ordered lots of apps and drinks.  We went to Wild Bill's afterwards and realized before even walking into the door that we were WAY too old to be there.  After listening to a couple of songs, the guys downing a drink and all of us doing a shot, we were on our way out.  Chris and Tanya rented a hotel so we went back to there and hung out before leaving around 2 am to go home.  I had my first facial in the morning so I needed to go home and get to bed. :)

Unfortunately, the picture of the apps is the only picture I took that evening.  Happy birthday Chris.  I've known you for 18 of those birthday and I'm sure they'll be at least 18 more together.


1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

That sounds like fun! I love that you and Chris are still close friends :)