Thursday, January 23, 2014

How'd I Do?

Ok, it's a little late in the month to be talking about New Year's resolutions but I've always been a little behind on this blog. Before I can talk about my 2014 resolutions, let's look back and how I did with 2013's resolutions.

My first resolution for 2013 was to go to Chicago. SUCCESS! M and I took a trip to Chicago in August 2013 and it was everything that I remembered it to be and more. It was M's first time to Chicago and we both would like to go back soon.

My second resolution was to take an out-of-state road trip. SUCCESS! This happened to be part of the Chicago trip. When I thought about us going to Chicago, I pictured us flying but we road tripped it there and much more. We also went to and through Wisconsin, Indiana and Michigan. It was great road trip and I'm up for doing another one, maybe down south or west next time.

Spending more time with my nephews Keith and Colton was the next resolution. SUCCESS! I don't think I spent any more time with Colton but I did spend more time with Keith. We took him to Vikings Training Camp and a preseason game. I brought him to a Twins game, overnight at our house and to the State Fair.
Try not to be a backseat driver was another one of my resolutions. I asked M if I was better and he said I did improve. SUCCESS!

Introduce my mom to new things. SUCCESS! My mom has had a lot more experiences than she ever had before including going to the Mall of America, many places to eat and the Bachman's Ideas House and she's more receptive to new things than she ever has been. I even got her to try (and like) Tofu Scramble!
Get engaged. FAIL! I kind of thought this was the year, but even after almost 10 years, Michael still has me guessing. I'm unsure if he's procrastinating or still trying to figure out if I'm the one. I'm half kidding on that one. While I said last year that it was important to me to get married, it still is but not as important. I know how M feels about me and our relationship and that's why I can joke and be candid about it. Believe me, I wouldn't be here in this relationship after this many years if we weren't something serious as a couple who are married. And I'm sure we're more serious than some married couples.

My last resolution for 2013 was to take care of myself in every.which.way. SUCCESS! Saying "every which way" sure encompasses a lot and while I didn't in some ways, I did a lot in others. First, my food intake was pretty good this year. What that means is I eat organic any time I can and avoid GMO's when I can. As for beauty products, I switched over to a combination of natural, organic, vegan or vegetarian makeup for all parts of my face, lips and eyes. I also converted to the same combination for shampoo and conditioner, body wash, soap, moisturizer and lotions, toothpaste and mouthwash. No more chemicals on my skin and hair if I can help it. The only thing I haven't converted is deodorant. I hate knowing there is aluminum in deodorant but until I find a solution for a deodorant and antiperspirant that is natural and actually works, I'm stuck for now. As for medication, I have pretty much limited myself to essential oils for any type of symptom I treat. I will avoid antibiotics as I can and I don't remember the last time I had to use them. Essential oils have also been used in my house to clean and disinfect without the use of chemicals Full disclosure: I do sell essential oils as I really believe in them and have had great success with them.

That sums up 2013's resolutions and to be honest, I have yet to come up with a set for 2014 so it might be a few days before I put them out there for everyone to see and for me to be accountable.
Here's to a happy and healthy 2014!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Great job meeting your goals! I just started using the YL Essential Oils too and look forward to healthier living. Maybe this is the year for the engagement!!

Dana said...

I love that you're using YL oils now! Yes, maybe it's both of our years for engagement. :)