Who were your crushes/idols growing up?
I have a few that I remember clearly. I particularly want to talk about when you were a teenager or those adolescent years but feel free to discuss anyone throughout your lifetime. First of all, I am 31 years old. My first crush would have to have been in 1984. It was Michael Jackson. My sister and I loved Michael Jackson. We listened to the album, yes, actual album, Thriller over and over again and danced to it in the basement of our house. As far as girl idols, my sister and I both wanted to be Madonna not too long after our Michael Jackson crush. We would make our clothes and wear gawdy jewerly to mimic her. And of course we danced and danced and danced to her songs in the basement.
Around 12 years old, my super crush was Corey Haim. I thought he was the hottest guy ever. I would take my allowance each week and ride my bike to the store and buy magazines like Teen Beat. I would cut out any and every picture of Corey Haim and tape it on my walls until my walls were plastered with his face on all 4 walls. (Corey Haim is on the left, Corey Feldman is on the right in the photo below)
![]() |
I can't remember how long this phase lasted but it couldn't have been too long because soon after came New Kids on the Block. The 1st and 2nd concert of my life was NKOTB. I started out with a crush on Donnie Walhberg then I moved on to Jonathan Knight. I would watch their videos, play their music and again plaster their pictures all over my walls. I remember buying as much NKOTB merchandise I had money for at Spencer's in the mall.

So who were your crushes/idols? During what year(s)? Please share all your details with me!
This is where I will link you to other Thoughts for Thursday bloggers. I'm still getting into this whole blogging community so in the coming weeks there should be more links to others.
Kristi on Speeding
Kim on the State Fair
Michelle on Random Thoughts
Have a great day!

4 comments:
My childhood crushes were Johnny Depp (21 Jumpstreet), Ricky Martin (Menudo) and Richard Grieco (21 Jumpstreet). I loved Richard Grieco in HS soooooo much, he literally covered 98& of my wallspace!!!
PS I just did my TFT for this week!
The Coreys were my crushes. I never got into New Kids on the Block. I liked some of their songs but never bought a tape. My bff Mary was a freak about them ask Kristi.
I had a huge crush on Kirk Cameron.
Also, since I was 13 I've been in love with Jon Bon Jovi, and still am.
I liked Jordan Knight from NKOTB. It's kinda weird but I don't think I had that many other crushes, except Tom Cruise for awhile. I have more now :)
Post a Comment