Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Suck it up

Michael and I had a couple of friends over a few Friday's ago for a wine and beer night and I thought that I better do a quick vacuum in the living room.  I realized that the suction on the vacuum was not very good and it definitely wasn't performing very well.  I don't know how long vacuums are supposed to last.  I have purchased 2 vacuums in my life and they happened to be the exact same model.  So the following Monday, I bought a new vacuum.  I was pretty excited to get home and use it.  Since I did not want to take out a loan to buy a Dyson animal hair vacuum, I went with the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser instead and it still seemed expensive to me.  Ok, keep in mind that I just vacuumed a few days earlier.  I started the bagless vacuum up and no kidding, the thing was fully of dirt and mostly cat hair in less than a minute.  Pictures below to prove it!  Gross, but cool!  One of my cats is white so you can't see shedded hair over the whittish carpet we have.  So I continue to vacuum and empty canister after canister of cat hair and dirt.  I vacuumed the whole house, couches, edging the floor and ceiling and all, and I ended up dumping 12 canisters!  Isn't that gross?  You probably think I live in a dirt house.  Apparently I did.  The canister isn't very big and it doesn't take that much to fill it up, especially when it's fluffy cat hair.  I was surprised of how much actual dirt we had upstairs.  Yuck.  But now I have a fully-functioning vacuum again.  Who knew I would get so excited about this purchase and drag you through the whole experience?!  Have fun looking at the pictures of the vacuum and clean carpet.  Exciting, huh?

This is the only time Powder's not scared of the vacuum, when it's in the box.   


Fuzzer on the vacuum box trying to break it into it because he wanted to vacuum


Here's the fully assembled product!  I guess I didn't realize you need to put these things together.  What's that you say??  Oh,  yep, we do have purple textured walls! 


Full canister #1


Brand new clean carpet again!

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Yay for new vaccuums! I blogged about my new vaccumm when I got it too! http://www.sweetsauer.com/kristis_bliggitty_blog/2007/03/vaccum_heaven.html

Anonymous said...

A newly vacuumed room is a "simple pleasure." Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I need to borrow it!! :)