Saturday: Woke up too early, before 8 am, only to have a really bad headache. I dropped off car to get my oil changed and windshield wipers replaced. My sister came and picked me up and we went to Toys 'R Us and I bought my nephews Christmas gifts. Yes, I am pretty much done with my Christmas shopping. We ate at TGI Friday's and then went to the mall. Came back here later in the day, went grocery shopping and came home to find Michael back from hunting. He had to come back early because of the Vikings game on Sunday. I don't think Michael would consider himself a real hunter, but he has started to go hunting again in the last couple of years. (I think it might be a reason to get away from us girls and drink) Last year, all the guys he went with each got a deer on Sunday. Michael didn't get one because he had to leave early again for the Vikings game. But that was last year. This year, Michael was the first to get a deer....a buck! Michael had said that he will not shoot at a deer unless it was a buck. He's had deer before but never a buck. Congrats to Michael for getting a 6 point buck! Lots of venison for us. Here's a couple of pictures of my honey from last year. I'm sure he looked the same out there this year. :)
Sunday: Today is the most important Vikings game of the year....Vikings vs. Packers. Part of the big day is the tailgating for this game. There are so many Packers fans everywhere, including in our group. We had 3 Packer's fans with us today... If it makes you feel any better, they were all born in Wisconsin. That makes me feel a little better. My friend Money (her real name is Manilath, pronounced-Money-lut) and her husband Chad and their friends, Ang and her husband Chris. Chris is a Vikings fan so we had 3 people rooting for each of their teams. It was sooooooo cold out there! Our paws and tootsies were freezing! I ran into a couple of guys I went to high school with and in their group was a guy that Michael graduated with. And then Chris from our group also knew a friend in their group. So despite the fact that Michael and I never knew each other growing up and we didn't even meet Chris until today, we all ended up having friends in the same group. I love discovering stuff like that.
Proud Roseville Class of 1992 graduates, Todd and Michael
On to the game...we have not beat the Packers in the last 5 games and today was our day. I prayed to the footballs gods for a win and it happened. The Vikings won 28-27. Thanks to the 2 safety's (and no thanks to the missed field goal), we squeaked out a win. Skol Vikings, Let's Go!
Thought I would take a picture of the score when it was tied with 2:22 left. I wasn't sure we would win with that little time left (If you're a Vikings fan, you know what I mean) so I took a picture while we weren't losing.
6 comments:
Skol Vikings. Huge win! looks like you had a great time as usual!
Glad the Vikings won! That's cool you were able to hang with Chris and Scott!
And yummy venison to look forward to!
Tell Michael congrats on the buck -that's sweet! A Vikings Victory is always good, especially against the Pack.
Tell Michael congrats on the buck -that's sweet! A Vikings Victory is always good, especially against the Pack.
Sorry for the duplicate..Oops
Aaron Rodgers debut at the dome was PERFECT!!!
Keep it up Sharon!!
Post a Comment