The crowd was loud and made a difference for the majority of the game. It was very electrifying to be there yesterday. While in the car on our way to tailgate, M asked me how many playoff games I had been to. This was my 5th, which actually surprised me that I had been that many since 1999.
As season ticket holders, M and I were allowed an experience this year that was fantastic and a dream of any true football fan...we never saw a loss at home throughout the whole regular season, nor the playoffs. We never had to hang our heads walking out of the dome. It was a rare year. We did lose our last preseason game to Dallas on Labor Day weekend but that doesn't count. We beat Dallas in the game that mattered.
And now we head to New Orleans to battle the Saints in the Superdome for the NFC Championship game. We've been there twice before since I can remember....the 1998 season and 2000 season and have obviously lost both. I had a feeling that we would win over Dallas. I unfortunately do not have that same feeling for next Sunday against the Saints but will be having plenty of (good) anxiety leading up to the day, but I hope my feeling is wrong. We play at 5:30 pm, Central time. We do not play well during that time of day.
Regardless of what happens, it has been a great year with addition of 40 year old Brett Favre and his ultimate playing ability. I'm grateful that we were able to have him for the best year of his career.
And finally, this post couldn't be complete without some photos from yesterday's tailgating experience. January 16th and the weather was warm by January standards. It was 34 degrees and sunny and we couldn't have expected anything better.

The cupcakes the Biggest Loser contest won't allow me to eat
3 comments:
Total Jared Allen look alike! Hilarious! And that dude in the spandex outfit...LOL! I like the monkey M. OK - SUNDAY - ORLEANS - WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! Go Vikngs! Skol! LOL ;)
PURPLE PRIDE! Skol Vikings! Let's take on Who Dat Nation and kick their saintly butts!!!
PS THAT GAME VS COWBoYS WAS AWESOME!! You are so lucky you got to see all of these great games in person this year :)
OMG, that guy looks JUST like Jared Allen! I am so nervous for Sunday! Good grief, I hope they can pull off a win. How freaking awesome would that be to go to the superbowl?!?!!!!! I loved your pictures, looks like you had a GREAT time at the game. :)
Happy (early) Birthday to you! I know I will never remember to get on Facebook tomorrow to tell you. :)
Post a Comment