Music Walk- Music Walk is on the 1st Saturday of every month. They shut down a few streets and everyone is able to walk down the sidewalks and visit the businesses and bars while musicians set up and play on the streets.
Art Walk- It's similar to Music Walk, however it's on the last Friday of the month so we were able to go to this also. A lot of the art galleries stay open so you can go into them into the later hours. There's also music being played on the streets. We went into a few galleries and I bought a cheap ring in one of them. There was a sculptor who had a window on the corner of the plaza and every weekday from 5-9 pm, he works on his sculpture in the window so you can see his progression.
The guy below is someone we saw at Music Walk actually but I thought he was more appropriate in the Art Walk section. The purse that he is carrying is a fish and it is made of wood. He is the artist and there are only 50 purses in existence. They are all fish but all different. So as you can see, it was a necessity to get a picture of this guy. M told him that he should give one of his purses to Lady Gaga. He did tell us that she was coming in concert in April so I think he was going to try and see her. He said he would never give one to her though and she'd have to buy it. The cost of this purse? $10,000. Now you can see how much more of a necessity it was to take a picture of this guy.
We also went out a few times in downtown while we were there. Here's some of the rest of the evenings.
| At Spirit of Bacchus with my Spicy Monkey the first night we were in town |
We went to Red Rock Saloon on Wednesday night and met our friend Ryan there. We had some drinks, ate, played pool and then headed over the Spirit of Bacchus for another quick drink.
3 comments:
YAY for Florida and YAY for all the Twins gear!
That purse is pretty neat, but not $10K neat...
Looks and sounds fun!
Pretty awesome I must say. I was born and raised in Ft. Myers and I was telling a co-worker of mine about those fish purses... ALL of the purses I've ever seen have been carried by MEN. LOL I don't know what it is about them, but MEN love them! LOL! If it weren't for your blog, I wouldn't have ever found a pic to show my co-worker. So keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment