Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Minnesota State Fair

M and I went to the State Fair for a handful of hours on Thursday, September 1st.  M works next to the fair and his company pays for all employees and their families to go the fair with only one condition....you wear the company t-shirt that is designed for this occasion.  It's the least you can do for free admission (which is now $12), right?  I had the day off and M wanted me to meet him at noon and I told him I would be there shortly thereafter and I told him I had an appointment.  He was surprised when I showed up because this is what I looked like:


This is what I looked like just a few hours earlier:


We didn't experience too much at the fair.  It was damn hot and humid and at least 90 degrees but I think it was even hotter than that.  The first thing we did was sit down so M could try a craft beer sampler and  I got my standard root beer. 

We went on the sky glider and the parade was going on below us.  When I saw Ronald McDonald, I yelled, "Hey Ronald, up here!" so he would look up and we could get a picture of him.  Man, is he creepy! 

The first thing I needed to eat was a fish taco.  I had it last year for my first time and I've thought about that taco so many times throughout the year.  Unfortunately they don't have a restaurant outside of the fair.  I got it at San Felipe Tacos inside the food building.  

Here's what I ate: 

Fish Taco
Potato Buffalo chips (shared with M)
Corn on the cob
A cheese curd
Crab cakes (They were gross so I threw most of it away)

I feel like I barely ate anything considering I was at the fair. I think it was just too hot to eat.  I suppose that's a good thing but I'm already missing some of the items I didn't get that day....like Sweet Martha's cookies! 





Us in our stupid t-shirts 
Hi Ronald!  You're creepy!


Bacon!


2 comments:

Ang said...

Cute hair!
I'm kind of pissed that Steve and I got the other taco at that stand, because I LOVE fish tacos with a passion and if you say you've thought about it all year... well, then, dammit - I should have got one!

JamieCat said...

I didn't eat much at the fair this year either, and I'm kinda bummed about it. No curds for me. I really like your hair, I think it is flattering on you.