Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ugly Sweater Party

We had an ugly sweater party/contest at work on Thursday, December 6th.  Before we had our contest, we had Pizza Luce for lunch, which was awesome since they ordered vegan pizza from there as well.  There were about 15 of us who entered the contest, mostly girls but a couple of guys too.  The guys had on women's sweaters which made it even funnier.  There were three people that won, both guys and a girl. 

Here are the winning sweaters:


 


Here are some sweaters that I saw at Saver's and Goodwill.  I decided to go with the third one shown but in hindsight, I think I should have gone with the scary Santa Claus faces.  I think the gauge of what constitutes as an ugly holiday sweater is if people use the word "hideous" to describe it.  Multiple people described mine as that and others described their own sweaters that way.  You know you're disgusted when you use the word hideous.





After the eating, contest and fun, we did some good for this world.  We put together activities packets and tie blankets for patients and family members and breakfast bags for patients going through chemo and other treatments.  I personally chose to put together the breakfast bags for chemo patients.  That one had the most personal effect on me as I remember sitting with my dad during his first chemo treatment.  It's a long few hours to have to sit there and with everything being pumped in you, you want to eat and drink a little while you're sitting there.

Did any of you or will you attend an ugly sweater party this year?  We were going to do it for my immediate family Christmas but decided against it.  Those ugly sweaters are expensive if you don't already have one.


P.S. I've turned off the word verification for comments.  I've heard from several of you that it's so hard to comment because you can't read the words.  I've turned off the verifications before and immediately I start getting spam so we'll so how it goes this time.  I'd love to hear your comments so I hope I've made it easier for you! 

4 comments:

John said...

No picture of you in your sweater, cuz?!?!

Dana said...

There was a group photo but I was towards the back and you can't really see my sweater. I'll have to text you a pic, John. :)

Kristi said...

I've never done the ugly sweater thing but there sure are a lot of them out there!! lol
THANK YOU for removing the comment codes...what a PITA that always was.... for some reason they were worse than ever on your blog

Ang said...

We are doing Ugly Xmas sweaters for our actual family Christmas this year (tomorrow, Christmas Day)... I'm so excite to see what my family came up with... mine and Steve's are so gross! We'll have to be sure to take and share pics!