My employer's holiday party was held on Friday, December 7th. This year, we went to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre for drinks, dinner and a musical called Our Hometown Christmas Pageant.
It started snowing in the late afternoon so driving to Chanhassen was a little difficult. M met me at work and we went right from my work since it's only 15-20 minutes from there. We got there on time but there were plenty of people that were late due to the weather and traffic.
We had some drinks and appetizers first and then right at 6 pm, we sat down for dinner. We were served a salad with balsamic vinaigrette and then had the option to order the following; chicken breast stuffed with wild rice, prime rib with shrimp, sea bass or vegetarian pasta. For dessert, we had the choice of salted caramel cheesecake or triple chocolate cake. Yum!
Our COO talked a little bit about how great of a year the company has had and then drew names for some prizes. I didn't win.
We didn't have much time to mingle before we headed to one of the theatres for our musical. My company had the entire theatre to ourselves, which made it a little more fun as well as we were able to bring our drinks in there.
The musical was cute and sometimes funny but it was cheesy too. It was pretty much as I expected it to be. There were a couple really good singers in the musical as well. I most definitely would have taken photos but it was not allowed.
One of the things I like about my employer is that there is always a lot of thought put into the annual holiday party. I've always enjoyed myself each year (sometimes a little too much) and I like that we do something different each year. I'm really glad I had a chance to go to Chanhassen Dinner Theatre and it's always better when someone foots the bill as well!
Does your company/employer have an annual holiday party? Do you attend?
It started snowing in the late afternoon so driving to Chanhassen was a little difficult. M met me at work and we went right from my work since it's only 15-20 minutes from there. We got there on time but there were plenty of people that were late due to the weather and traffic.
We had some drinks and appetizers first and then right at 6 pm, we sat down for dinner. We were served a salad with balsamic vinaigrette and then had the option to order the following; chicken breast stuffed with wild rice, prime rib with shrimp, sea bass or vegetarian pasta. For dessert, we had the choice of salted caramel cheesecake or triple chocolate cake. Yum!
Our COO talked a little bit about how great of a year the company has had and then drew names for some prizes. I didn't win.
We didn't have much time to mingle before we headed to one of the theatres for our musical. My company had the entire theatre to ourselves, which made it a little more fun as well as we were able to bring our drinks in there.
The musical was cute and sometimes funny but it was cheesy too. It was pretty much as I expected it to be. There were a couple really good singers in the musical as well. I most definitely would have taken photos but it was not allowed.
One of the things I like about my employer is that there is always a lot of thought put into the annual holiday party. I've always enjoyed myself each year (sometimes a little too much) and I like that we do something different each year. I'm really glad I had a chance to go to Chanhassen Dinner Theatre and it's always better when someone foots the bill as well!
Does your company/employer have an annual holiday party? Do you attend?

1 comment:
Your company always has great parties!! I wish we did stuff as cool as renting out a dinner theater!!
Post a Comment