I had the day off Monday, October 28th and woke up feeling less than fine after too much vodka and not enough water from tailgating the night before but it was nothing Perkins pancakes couldn't fix. I don't know why but I love Perkins pancakes. I'm not sure if it's the actual pancake or syrup but that combo is delicious. Naturally after breakfast one is exhausted so I lazed around all day and then took a nap until the 4 pm hour.
Just a couple hours later, M and I went to see City and Colour at First Avenue. We had seen him once before in February 2012. M bought these tickets in early spring and this concert was the last of five concerts this year that we were really looking forward to. While getting out of the car, my jeans ripped in the back of my thigh. (It's hard to contain these wonderful legs.) I am sure no one noticed but man am I happy this happened on this Monday night versus when I wore those jeans to work a couple of days earlier.
The show was all ages, which we are not a fan of but we had a great spot to stand on the lower level in the center. The place was full but it wasn't packed to the gills like the last time we saw him. Dallas Green (get it? City and Colour) played for almost 2 hours. In my opinion, it was too long. I enjoyed the show but he had changed since the last time we had seen him. It's as though fame has gotten to him a bit. (He opened up for P!nk several months ago-a very odd combination since their music is nothing alike) He was impatient with the crowd, sometimes when it was warranted but I feel that he is just fed up with modern society and he wished he lived in a different era. He's not the kind of guy that smiles or really even laughs but he did make some references to the Twins and Timberwolves and how he feels our pain since he's a Blue Jays and Raptors fan.
Just a couple hours later, M and I went to see City and Colour at First Avenue. We had seen him once before in February 2012. M bought these tickets in early spring and this concert was the last of five concerts this year that we were really looking forward to. While getting out of the car, my jeans ripped in the back of my thigh. (It's hard to contain these wonderful legs.) I am sure no one noticed but man am I happy this happened on this Monday night versus when I wore those jeans to work a couple of days earlier.
The show was all ages, which we are not a fan of but we had a great spot to stand on the lower level in the center. The place was full but it wasn't packed to the gills like the last time we saw him. Dallas Green (get it? City and Colour) played for almost 2 hours. In my opinion, it was too long. I enjoyed the show but he had changed since the last time we had seen him. It's as though fame has gotten to him a bit. (He opened up for P!nk several months ago-a very odd combination since their music is nothing alike) He was impatient with the crowd, sometimes when it was warranted but I feel that he is just fed up with modern society and he wished he lived in a different era. He's not the kind of guy that smiles or really even laughs but he did make some references to the Twins and Timberwolves and how he feels our pain since he's a Blue Jays and Raptors fan.
![]() |
| Outside next to the famous wall |
Here's a video of the first song released from the new album:

No comments:
Post a Comment