Saturday, September 20, 2008

Overheard

Have you ever heard of the website, Overheard? There are multiple cities all over the world that you can choose from to read conversations that people actually overheard people talking about. The site has Minneapolis on it so anyone in the area can submit conversations they heard. I "Overheard" a conversation and I told Michael about it and he said that would be a great one for this site, which I absolutely agreed. I submitted my conversation and it got published! I'm not going to tell you what conversation I submitted but I will tell you it is showing on their site from September 15th. I had submitted one other conversation prior to this one and it did not get published. Here are the rules of submitting a conversation as listed on their website:

How can you improve the chances your submission will be published?
-Always include a “who”
-Proof read
-Be specific about the location, always include the city. (Office in [name of city] is fine if you do not wish to be too specific about your work place)
-Funny is always good

What conversations are never published?
-Anything heard on Radio or TV
-Emails
-Anything read on signs or bumper stickers
-Any conversation you participated in



3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I used to subscribe to the Overheard blog, haven't looked at it in awhile.... I will go back and read!

Ang said...

I love it!! thanks for the great link... I'm going to blog about it right now :)
everyone should know about this...

Michelle Leigh said...

That is hilarious! I love it.