Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday- Famous People

Today's TFT is a fun and carefree topic: Have you ever met anyone famous? Your definition of famous can mean any number of things. It can be famous locally, nationally or internationally. It can be anyone from Hollywood celebrities, politicians, media people, musicians, etc. Actually, I guess just as interested if you have been up and close with someone famous. If you didn't talk to them but were right by them, that counts. Even though I thought of this topic, I am finding it hard to remember who I have met before. I started typing out my list and then deleted it because the list was so boring. It was comprised of current and former sport figures and musicians and bands so I won't bore you with my list.



So who did you meet? Whomever has the best answer wins a prize**!




**Ok, there really isn't a prize. I'm just trying to spark interest, people!

Other TFT:

Kristi on Volunteer Work
Michelle Leigh on Sarah Palin, Republican VP candidate

5 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have never "met" anyone famous, but stood next to Woody Harrelson and Steve Gutenburg at a concert, I once touched George W. Bush's arm, I walked right past Sophia Lauren in Vegas, and have also seen athletes and famous coaches out in public (Kevin Garnett, Lou Holtz of Notre Dame).
My #1 to meet is and always has been PRINCE!!!! But so far its only happened about 25 times in my dreams. In fact, I hang out and make out with celebrities in my dreams all the time!!! LOL

Kirsten said...

I have been on a plane with Mike Tyson, and Jesse Jackson (not the same plane)!

I went to a concert at a college featuring Warrant, Firehouse and Trixter (it was the early 90's give me a break!), and Janie Lane (lead singer for Warrant) bumped into me.

My uncle was the opening act for Julian Lennon and I got to go backstage and meet him and have my picture taken with him.

I also met Ed Sanders (from extreme home makeover), when they were in town doing a house, he was working the crowd and taking pictures, I have a picture of him and me and my son

that may be about it.

Michelle Leigh said...

Brian and I saw Ludacris in Hawaii, but that's about it. Bummer huh?

Anonymous said...

A bunch of Vikings players and Doug Benson.
Oh Yeah and Courtney Taylor-Taylor as well ( I almost wet myself!)

Anonymous said...

I had a close, personal encounter* with Oprah Winfrey while in Chicago several years ago. We're now BFF's!

*Disclaimer: While we may have been close in proximity, we were separated by several VERY BURLY bodyguards! Still counts, right?