Growing up, we had a black cat named Eddy for almost 20 years! We got him in 1987 and he died in 2006. I don’t think my parents ever thought that he would have lived that long when they decided to get a cat. We also had a dog when I was about 4 or 5. His name was Bear. I think we found him and then didn’t work out for whatever reason so we dropped him off at the park. It seemed like a normal thing to do but now it’s seems cruel! Maybe that’s where we found him. I don’t remember. We also had a cockapoo named Honey Bear a few years later. Again, he didn’t work out. I don’t know what the problem was but we gave him away to a family and then either he didn’t work out with that family and we took him back or we missed him so much and got him back. Either way, we had him two times. Then I guess we got rid of him again. I don’t think he was ever trained correctly or something was wrong with him. We don’t have a great track record with dogs!
When I lived with Eric in 2000-2001, he had over 20 “pets”. It was a complete nightmare for me most days when it came to the amphibious creatures that also shared an apartment with us. He had terrariums or cages or whatever else full of anoles, geckos, skinks, a prehensile tailed skink, which has a face like a snake, chameleons, a Savannah monitor, which shouldn’t be allowed as a pet as it got out and on my bed and came after me one time, and many different snakes. If you don’t know any of the creatures, I have described, look them up and imagine living with that many things at one time.
Michael grew up with dogs and cats but also skunks, squirrels and raccoons. No, I’m not dating a redneck. His dad is very good with animals and when the mom of an animal familiy got killed, he would take them in, nurse them and then turn them back into the wild when they were old enough.
My question to you is…do you or have you had any pets? What kind? How many? Did you have pets growing up? How did you come up with your name for your pet(s)? Please feel free to share anything else about your pets.
Other Thoughts for Thursday posters so far:
Kristi- Live Music/Concerts
Ang- Change
Kim-Food
Here's some pictures of Fuzzer, Powder and Eddy:




9 comments:
I don't even know you and picturing someone talk to their cat with a lisp is the funniest thing EVER!
I have a cat, his name is Boomer, I'll post a picture of him someday (and the name Boomer will make sense). I had cats my entire life growing up and I loved them all for different reason, much like you mentioned. They really do have little personalities!
Your cats are beautiful - BTW!
We have four awesome cats...I blame it all on E! I am an animal lover but he has me beat! We also have 3 large aquariums up and running but have had up to 5 at one time in the past. We have had turtle and geckos besides the cats and fish. I don't mind reptiles at all but I believe most of them belong in their natural habitats, not in a cage!
I have a puppy, a tiny blue lobster, zombie fish, various people trapped in my basement. There are 2 cats that live here I refuse to claim (belong to Brandy) and I have 53 hungry lions whose keeper just went away and are about to devour some Vikings on Oct. 12…
That’s about it…
I have 2 huge dogs and a cat. I am an animal person but since I have had kids the animals are a lot less important! I don't really enjoy their company as much, can't stand the hair and they are smelly!
You don't even want to know how many animals we have or have had. Right now we have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 iguana, one stupid dwarf bunny a crab and two mice. But of course we always have the baby things that keep falling out of the trees that Dave thinks we have to nurse back to health. That would include 2 baby raccoons, 2 baby skunks, one baby oppossum, 2 baby squirrels and I'm pretty much embarrassed to say what else we have had.
Here are all of my pets that I can remember:
Tyke = German Shepherd
Duke = German Shepherd
Molly = Springer Spaniel
Fritz = Mutt
Mini-Butterball = Cat
Otis (or Odie) = Cat
Lucky = Cat
Wilbur and Elroy = Kittens
Lucaya = Bearded Dragon
Novahoshamago (Nova) = Scorpion
Spodo = Scorpion
Gweebus = Scorpion
Glitch = Scorpion
Splat = Turtle
Rascal (1 through 13) = Raccoons
Plus ferrets, Skunks, Squirrels, birds, etc.
I love your Cats! Eddy was the best though! I love cats and would like a dog someday too. I had to get rid of my cat Ernie because he was getting a very bad habit of going outside of his litter box - and I don't mean just outside of it - he thought he owned my house! I miss him.
You will have to see Tiana and Craigs new Shih tsu! His name is Bear, and he's a little thing, black with white feet, tail and a tuft on his head! Cute as ever! I didn't think I was a dog person, but fell in love with him this weekend!
Post a Comment