Sunday, October 12, 2008

Many Good Things Happened Today

Sunday was the day of the first annual Cherrie Jones Tailgating Party.   Most of us got there in the early 8 am hour and set up.  Last December was the last game that Cherrie went to and it was against Detroit.  We decided that we will have this tailgating party in her honor every year for the Detroit game .  We had over 55 people there to celebrate Cherrie's life, to have a good time and to hopefully see a Vikings win.  We didn't tailgate in the normal designated tailgating lots as we worried about cost ($50 a car) and also having so many people.  I made 75 Jello shots, both purple and yellow for the Vikings and we also each had a shooter that we used as a toast to Cherrie that her husband, Greg, conducted.  Wayne also donated 60 burgers for the event, which contributed even more to all the chips, salads, cookies, meats and cheeses and everything else we had to eat.  Wayne was a huge factor in the donation of food for Cherrie's benefit back in April and he really pulled through for us again.  Everyone's contribution made this a success, including the Vikings who squeaked out a messy win for us, and even the rain held off too!
A lot of the memories were captured through Michael's video camera and my camera didn't make it very long (new battery is coming in the mail this week!) but here's what I was able to capture before it died. The parking lot isn't very attractive, nor is the signage on the vacant building but it was a lot of fun.  Thanks to all that could make it and Kim, Lorrie and Lisa, we missed you guys!

These are Tanya's real braids!  Don't they match the hat perfectly?
Michael with his creepy old man Vikings mask
Greg giving his toast to Cherrie

After everybody did their shooter...notice Marcia's face after drinking it.  (Click on the picture and you'll figure out who Marcia is)  It must not have tasted that good. 
Greg and I
Yeah, I don't know what is going on with my hair
There is always one bad apple in the bunch.  Danny always roots against whomever the Vikings are playing but we secretly think he loves the Vikings. We love you anyways, Danny.

In the car, stuck in traffic on the way home

6 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Cool party for Cherrie! Glad the Vikes pulled off another win!

Michelle Leigh said...

You guys are crazy! Looks like tons of fun and luckily the Vikings didn't disappoint. Well, they almost did!

Ang said...

Sorry I didn't find you on Sunday! love the pics... GO VIKES :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could've been there! Looks like a blast!

Michael said...

What a GREAT party with EVEN BETTER friends!

Thanx to ALL who attended, and for those who didnt...mark you calendar for next years Lions game...SAME PLACE, SAME TIME!

This is for you Cherrie...
I love you.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I missed the Cherrie tailgate party, but I will have you know, I was thinking of you all as I was sitting on the beach in Florida! We did catch the score a few times (via phone), so I kind of paid attention as I had another drink! I will make the next one, if at all possible (course that trip was very cheap, and I've been told I'm in for next year!). What a riot! Thanks for sharing it with me, Dana!