Sunday, October 5, 2008

Randoms for the Week

I started to get sick last weekend and didn't start feeling better until about Wednesday so I have been slacking on the posts. I thought I would try and sum up my week in this one post.

Last Saturday I went with my Dad and my sister, Jamie to the Omni Theatre at the Science Museum to go see Mysteries of the Great Lakes. It was my Dad's birthday on Monday the 29th so I took him for his birthday and also bought him a book at the store in the musuem. We went to eat at Maverick's in Roseville afterwards. We dropped off my Dad and then my sister and I hung out all day and night, just shopping, looking at makeup and then ordering Chinese food and coming back to my house to watch some episodes of "Sex and the City". It was a really good day and I really appreciated the time I got to spend with my Dad and Jamie.

On Sunday morning, I had a cold but I still participated in a 5K/10 mile run/walk called Women Run the Cities, sponsored by the MNCREW, which is Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women. This race was all women and sponsored Ann Bancroft's foundation. We had a small team of people from my work and they ordered shirts for us. Here are a couple of pictures. We could never get all of us all together since we were scattered but here is the majority of us. Two of our girls ran the 10 mile while the rest of us did the 5K.


I also got a new external hard drive for my computer not too long ago. I posted a while back that I didn't have a computer because the power went out and there was a surge and my computer didn't work. I was lucky enough not to have lost anything on my hard drive but only having to replace the power supply. I decided that it was time to buy an external hard drive and here is a picture of it. First of all, I hate my hand in this picture but my hands are really small so you can get the idea of how small and portable this portable drive is. So far, so good!

Lastly, I wanted to show you the grapes I took a picture of. Where are these grapes, you say? Napa or Sonoma Valley? Nope, they are from my backyard. I thought they were so pretty in the sun. And they taste really good too!


But since I am thinking of grapes, I thought I would share a picture with you actually from Napa Valley in California. Michael and I went there almost 2 years ago. Looking at these pictures again makes me want to go back.




4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Congrats on your walk!
Seems like everyone is getting sick or has been already.... I hope I can hold off!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you got sick. The pic of your first external hard drive cracks me up :) Napa Valley looks beautiful. I can hardly tell the difference between your grapes and theirs..j/k Go Vikes! AP

Anonymous said...

I am still trying not to get sick...so far so good. That was a fun day! IO will host the next one. I like your grapes. I don't know why I forgot you went to Napa Valley - the pics are cool.

Michelle Leigh said...

That's awesome that you have grapes of your own! Are you going to make wine?

Good job on your walk! I need to start doing more 5k's and whatnot. They are slightly easier than running 10 miles!

Those pics of Napa make me miss it! I love it there.