Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday: Michael and I went over to my sister's house for Halloween.  We just hung out, passed out candy to the kids and ate some of her food, which included bloody body bits (meatballs and cocktail weiners in BBQ sauce), halloween themed jello shapes, eyeballs (deviled eggs) and spider sandwiches (ham and cheese spider shaped sandwiches with poppyseeds all over them).  My nephew, Keith was very cute dressed as the Joker from Batman.  He got lots of candy from the neighborhood.  Michael and I then left to meet at a bar in St. Paul for his birthday, which is on Halloween.  We had a drink and went home to watch Children of the Corn.  I hadn't seen it in so many years and I was actually scared at a couple of parts.  I have been so densenitized to horror movies because I started watching them at a young age and watched them often.  Now it's been so many years since I've seen one that it affected me again.  It's fun to be scared sometimes.

The entryway of my sister's house
Keith and Jamie
Candy!


Saturday: We woke up Saturday and went to Denny's for breakfast.  It was Michael and I's 4 year anniversary.  We didn't have much planned as we are still updating the kitchen.  I ran a couple of errands in the morning and we painted the majority of the day.  I was kind of upset about this as I told Michael that today was supposed to be about us, not the kitchen.  Then I started crying.  Hey, I can't help it.  I cry too much.  He then pulled out a card and a vase of flowers that included 4 roses, one for each year we have been together.  That helped my attitude a lot and then I felt like a jerk afterwards.  We cleaned ourselves up shortly after and went out to dinner at one of our favorite places, Pepitos.   We ended the night watching Saturday Night Live. Happy Anniversary, Michael.  I enjoyed every minute of the day with you.

Sunday: We got up early for the Vikings game.  We went tailgating with a handful of Michael's family members including his sister Kim, brother in law, Greg, niece Kayla and her boyfriend, Brandon, cousins Jim and Lorrie and their friends Andrea and Brian along with their whole crew. It was a blast tailgating.  Michael and I haven't done too much of the REAL tailgating this year because the majority of the time it's been just us and we haven't feel the want to spend an arm and a leg for parking in a Vikings tailgating designated lot.  I started off drinking Mimosa's and I ended up drinking Mimosa's for the whole time.  With the exception of a drink or two from others, I drank the whole bottle of champagne.  Can you say headache?  I'm too old for this stuff but every great once in awhile, it happens.  I spent the rest of the day (and Monday) nursing myself back to health.  You just don't recover like you used to.  The game itself was fun too. Again, I don't like to drink too much when tailgating because I can't concentrate on the game, and I actually like to concentrate on the game.  I am just glad the Vikings won.  It always makes the 2nd half of the day good.  Good company, great weather and a Vikings win makes for a good Sunday!  Lots of pictures to share! 
The Girls
The Guys
Michael wants You!
This would be the empty bottle

The elk burgers we ate.  Jimmy shot an elk in Colorado last week
Our famous cook, Jimmy
The girls with Victor
Ta Da!

Skol Vikings!
The Skol Line
Tailgating on a beautiful day
The happy couple
Where's Dana?

3 comments:

Ang said...

great pictures! looks like you had a great weekend (don't worry about crying, we ALL do it!)

btw- i LOVE that haircut on you!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Great weekend!! Happy Anniversary to you and Michael :)

Anonymous said...

Good times, sister! Thanks for coming to my house on Halloween and for the cute earrings and little ghost. Looks like fun at the game - what a perfect day. Happy Anniversary!!!