Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We spent Labor Day weekend up at Lake Mille Lacs at M's parents house. We left late Saturday morning since we had a Vikings game the night before. Chris headed up there with us sans Tanya, as she was going to Iowa to meet with family to finish up with some wedding details. That weekend may have been the last weekend up there to celebrate like we so often do on three-day weekends. M's parents purchased a house in Hinckley, MN and they will be moving in the spring of next year to the new house after coming back from their winter in Florida. We had lots of fun as always during the weekend. Lisa and Justin brought their new daughter Cheri up there so we got to see more of her than just the day she was born. Kim and Greg took us out on their boat on late Saturday afternoon on Mille Lacs which is always fun. We also took the traditional bike ride up to the bar on Saturday night and celebrated M's nephew Chad after midnight as it was his 23rd birthday. The boys, M and Chris went to the driving range on Sunday afternoon to hit some golf balls while I took a nap. (It might have been a rough night for me. Hmmmm, kinda seems like the trend for me while I'm up there) We had a low-key Sunday evening starting with a bike ride down to Malone Island to watch the sunset and ending by the fire around 2 am. We woke up early on Monday morning to get home back to the cities. M and I went to see the movie Extract on Monday afternoon. It wasn't a waste of time but nearly as funny as I had hoped or expected it to be.

P.S. I am very disappointed with the quality of the pictures. My camera died after the canoe trip and after spending a lot of time research cameras, I bought a Nikon point and shoot. I hated it and returned it. I have since bought a new camera, an Olympus, so we'll see how that goes. There were so many more pictures that I would have loved to have posted but are blurry or soft looking.

Chris on the boat


Baby Cheri



Getting ready to head to the bar
Chris and his not-so-real-hair visor
Some of our group that joined us at the bar
Me and Ray
Yummy corn on the cob
A beautiful Mille Lacs sunset on Sunday evening

2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Another great weekend for you guys!

Jamie said...

Looks nice and fun!