Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sushi, A Baby and Vampires

I'm going to try and condense last week into one post. First, I went out to dinner with my oldest friend Tanya to Wasabi last Tuesday in Minneapolis. Sushi, great company and our repeat server, Jeffrey means you can never go wrong. It was a beautiful night and we ended up eating fairly quickly and sitting outside watching the Twins-goers head to the dome while we talked and talked and caught up with each other.


I wanted to properly introduce one of the newest people into this world but I don't have any pictures of my own yet. M's sister, Lisa delivered a healthy baby girl last Thursday. M was there for the delivery, (directly outside the room) but we went back to the hospital later that night so I could meet her but the nurses were getting Lisa ready for a bath so I only got to see her for just a few short minutes. I'll see a lot of her this weekend though at M's parents house.


On Friday night, my sister came over and we made quesadillas. I have a quesadilla maker and we made them with beef and chicken. I also made a corn salsa and guacamole. Yummy! The real reason she came over was to watch the movie Twilight. I am one of those people that are just starting the Twilight book series now. I had no interest in reading them but after finding out that some of my friends who I really thought would have no interest in reading them were reading the books, I thought I would try to. I bought the first book but then my sister borrowed me the other three books. I have only finished the first book so watching the movie right after was perfect. My sister has loved vampires since we were kids so it makes her very proud that her big sister is reading these books, right Jamie?

I am getting caught up on catching you up on all my escapades. Just a few more stories and I should be caught up!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Now just finish the second one before New Moon in November. By then you should be done because they are so darn addicting.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I know how it feels to behind in blogging! (Try maintaining 4 blogs....I am nuts). I need to try Wasabi sometime and do a review, looks great! I am interested to know what you think of the Twilight series. I have my own strong opinions about the series, we'll have to discuss once you finish reading! And as soon as I get paid again then I would love to meet up for dinner....