- In one year, Americans will unknowingly consume enough industrial-grade steel, plastics, glass and rubber to build three Mazda Miatas
- The walls of an igloo, made entirely of natural material, stand up better to modern artillery than a concrete barricade, according to tests conducted by a Swedish army. The walls absorb an artillery blast, are almost invisible from the air and can't be spotted by the infrared sensors that guide today's missiles.
- An Apple Computer engineer invented an iPod-like digital music playback device in 1982, but since it was the size and weight of a brick, Apple decided not to pursue its development at that time.
- 68 percent of attempted internet connections are malicious in nature. This includes spam, viruses, port scans and other attacks.
- A recent NASA publication stated that the most common cause of UFO reports over the past decade has been due to "optical fluorescence of oxygen and nitrogen in the ionosphere".
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Friday's Fun Facts
I apologize as I forgot about my Friday Fun Facts. So now they become Weekend Fun Facts. Just for keeping you waiting, I added an extra fact. I hope you still enjoy. (This is mostly directly to you, Ang!)
Labels:
Friday's Fun Fact
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Dana! I knew I wasn't going crazy on Friday...
btw - the 68% fact... wicked scary!
Post a Comment