Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Old Crew

I went out to lunch last Thursday with a group of former coworkers from my last job. Most of us were laid off in October 2007. After it was all said and done, the company ended up laying off 5,000 people. I hadn't seen Shannon or Greg since the layoff...actually since a week before we got laid off as I was on vacation in Texas when I got the call from Michelle that we had been laid off. I have only seen Michelle a few times and I see Catha on an ongoing basis and Beth every day since we work together again now. We met at Fuddrucker's in Edina. It was fun to catch up with everyone and what they are doing now. Shannon and Greg work together again, Michelle has her own business and Catha is on maternity leave from her job as she and her husband just welcomed their daughter, Violet Rae into the world on October 2nd so we got to meet her. Shelley was also with us and is going to school but she left before we took the pictures. Shannon had cancer in her eye and had to have her eye removed back in July. After the surgery, she was cancer free! She now has an acrylic eye that she told us took less than a day to make it. I love that Shannon is so candid about her eye and cancer that you can ask her anything. I missed everyone and I miss that job. I had a great time catching up with some of the old crew and we hope to do it again sometime soon.




Back: Greg, Beth Front: Catha, Shannon, Michelle
Check out that hot dog!



No comments: