When we got off the plane, we picked up our rental car and then headed right to our favorite Mexican restaurant in Florida, Iguana Mia. I had a craving for fish tacos and ordered them but I didn't like them very much and wish I would have just ordered beef tacos.
There was a drink that I loved down there and we actually went there three times during the week so I could order that drink. It was at Cheeseburger in Paradise and it was the Spice Berry Sangria. It's always happy hour there and so I was able to get an individual pitcher of Sangria for under $4. It was almost four glasses worth. Their food was really good there too.
| Michael's girly drink and my Sangria |
| Michael and a mojito on a different day |
| My Calypso Chicken Salad |
When we were on Captiva Island, we stopped at the Green Flash and had lunch. I started with the shrimp bisque which was just fantastic. I then had the Shrimp and Spinach Salad and then we split the Chocolate Suicide Cake.... which was to die for. Ha ha.
We also tried Five Guys Burgers and Fries, which they do have in Minnesota but neither of us had ever been there. This was greasy delicious. The burgers are great and they give you so many fries in a regular order that you can't eat them all. And while you're waiting for your food to be ready, you can eat peanuts in the shell at your table.
We also went to a place that has coal-fired pizza called Tony Sacco's. That was also pretty good and we always have to make at least one stop at Waffle House while were there, be it morning or night we always order breakfast.
My favorite meal of the whole trip was at Red Rock Saloon and that was the Seared Ahi Tuna. I am still thinking about this meal today. There was a mound of mashed potatoes, then spinach covering it with rare tuna all around with spicy mayo on it with teriyaki sauce all over the plate. SO DELICIOUS!!
3 comments:
My favorite Florida post! lol
Now I am starving.....
the good and bad about traveling - good is getting to try new places and food (especially fresh fish when you're on the water)... the bad, not being able to have it anytime you want. I will FOREVER crave food I had in Hawaii.... forever.
Yummo!
Post a Comment