This is the last post of the Fort Myers series. While we were down there, M and I went to two Twins spring training games. The first was the very first game of the spring training season and the Twins home opener, which was a Sunday night game and the second was a day game on a Friday afternoon.
The first game was against the Boston Red Sox. The Red Sox also have their spring training in Fort Myers at City of Palms Stadium. I would say the crowd was half Twins fans and half Red Sox fans. We sat just off to the side of home plate on the lower level. I saw the president of the bank I used to work at in the same row as us, one section over. I also found out that one of my friend's was also at the game but I didn't know that until after. The Twins won 8-4 that night and we also got to see the debut of Tsuyoshi Nishioka (Yoshi). He didn't do much during the game but man, he's fast.
 |
| I don't know why it was here but this car belongs to Nicolas Cage |
 |
| This is how curly my hair gets in Florida |
The day game was a lot more interactive for us. The Twins had a scrimmage going on so you could go down to one of the other fields and watch them play against the Tampa Bay Rays, who was their opponent for the day and the Twins beat them 5-4. Every time Alexi Casilla was up to bat, I had tears in my eyes as I thought of my Gramma as he was her favorite player.
They were also having a blood drive and if you donated, you could get a Twins t-shirt and hat. I would have donated except I had already done so just a month prior and you're only supposed to do it every 56 days. We also were able to see Gardy and Tom Kelly up close, as well as Rod Carew. I also had my picture taken with Dick Bremer, the sportcaster that announces alongside Bert Blyleven. He is such a nice, friendly guy. I remember him from Spring Training 2007 when M and I went also. His voice is so booming and noticeable so both times I've heard him before I've actually seen him. We later found out that one of M's coworker's was also at the game and saw M but didn't think it was actually him until she asked him once we were back in MN. I love the support of MN down there. We met multiple people from MN on our trip, both at the stadium and around Fort Myers.




 |
| AL Manager of the Year, Ron Gardenhire |
 |
| Hall of Famer, Rod Carew |
 |
| Dick Bremer and Me |
 |
| We saw this Lamborghini at the game. I looked it up and it's $240K+ |
 |
| Kevin Slowey |
 |
| Manny Ramirez |
 |
| One of my faves, Jason Kubel |
 |
| This bald eagle was soaring above us |
 |
| Joe Nathan |
I hope you enjoyed all the posts about Florida. After writing this post, I'm so ready for baseball. I've renewed my season tickets again at Target Field and we'll be there on opening day at Target Field...only 18 days away.
4 comments:
As usual... JEALOUS! Sounds like you guys had a great trip - LETS GO TWINS!!! Ironically, I'm wearing my Nathan t-shirt today! YAY - I seriously cannot wait for the fricken season to get started.
(I wonder who that Lambo belongs to...)
Oh my gosh I am SOOOOO jealous! And SOOOO ready for baseball season to start!
I've got such a cute daughter.
Dad
Awesome Dana! Looks like so much fun! We have a cute Dad :)
Post a Comment