Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Scotch Doubles
M and I met up with a bunch of friends and family for a bowling night of Scotch Doubles. We had never played before and it was interesting, confusing and fun all at the same time. Scotch Doubles is when you share a lane with a total of four people and then you play six games. The girls throw the first ball for games 1, 3 and 5. The guy throws the second ball to clean up the frame for that game. If the girl knocks down 9 pins on the first throw, it's considered a strike. The same rules apply but the girls and boys are switched for games 2, 4 and 6. You pay $24 a couple and then you can win money for coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd and then there are two random prize winners and $5 for the team that comes in last. We were ranked #15 out of 21 couples. One of the teams in our group won one of the random prizes of $10 and then Greg and Anna won $5 for coming in last place. :)
Labels:
bowling,
Family events,
friends,
weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds crazy... and like a lot of bowling. I'm lucky to get 3 games in before I'm too weak to lift the ball. Maybe I need to workout.
Post a Comment