Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Perfect Day for Bike Ride

M and I went for a motorcycle ride last Sunday on a magnificent day.  The sun was shining and it was about 80 degrees and perfect for the bike.  We didn't really have any destination in mind so we hopped on the bike and found ourselves in Hudson, Wisconsin where we ate lunch and then headed back into Minnesota and went south to Afton.  We stopped in Afton at a marina and took a break to enjoy the weather and St. Croix River for a bit before heading back on the bike to continue through Afton and made our way over to Prescott, Wisconsin.  We stopped at a bar on the main drag for a water and continued south down 35 until we hit Diamond Bluff and stopped on one of the streets along the river to look a map on my phone to see if we could find one of the rustic roads around the area.  We stopped right by a bar called the Nauti Hawg and happened to see M's brother Ray and his girlfriend Dolly stopped there.  We chatted with them for awhile before heading back home.  Overall, we were out for 7 hours and went about 120 miles.  I love weekend days like this!









1 comment:

Kim Airhart said...

I have to say that I am pretty jealous. That last photo is amazing.