Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thankful November: Day Twelve

I'm thankful today for hearing of news that a kidney donor has been found for my aunt, Pat.  The process started in the summer and I submitted health information about myself to become a donor for her as I knew I was the matching blood type but never even thought that I am not blood related to her as she is my aunt by marriage, which reduced my chance of being a prime candidate like a sibling-like match.  Fortunately, there is a match within the family and once her kidney functions drop below a certain level, the transplant will happen.

I know I'm supposed to show a picture of what I'm thankful for but I didn't want to show a picture of my aunt just in case she would like her privacy.  Instead I settled for a picture of a kidney bean.

A kidney bean.  

No comments: