Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful November: Day Twenty Eight

Today I'm thankful for my state, the state of Minnesota.  I was born here and I'll probably die here as at least a part-time resident.  I LOVE Minnesota and can't imagine living elsewhere.  I love that I live in the Twin Cities but just two hours away I can be on the North Shore next to Lake Superior.  I love that I can be in another state in about 25 minutes and even another country in about 5 hours by car from my house.  We're lucky enough to have multiple professional sports teams (and want to keep it that way...Vikings!), lots of great restaurants, tons of culture and a wide range of people.  There's not many places in the country where it can be -60 degrees as well as 114 degrees in the summer.  So for those that have never been to Minnesota but only know the stereotypes, it is not cold and snowing in Minnesota all the time!  Check out more about MN weather on Wiki.






2 comments:

Ang said...

great photos! GO MINNESOTA!!! and yeah Vikings... what she said!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Minnesota is a very beautiful place!!! Although I am not a big fan of winter, I do enjoy that we get four seasons here :)
Lake Superior has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world!