First, Michael and I did our first ornament exchange this year. I suggested it and to my surprise, M was on board right away. We exchanged our ornaments in early December and I took a picture of our first ornaments from each other while I was taking down the tree.
M gave me a Mistletoad and I gave him a piece of bacon. I would say that equates to a successful first year in our book.
Lastly, on Christmas Eve, my Gramma's birthday, my Aunt Terri had a special Christmas tree decorated with all the ornaments that were my Gramma's. Towards the end of the night, anyone who wanted to take some ornaments could so it was mostly the girls that gathered around and picked and plucked the ornaments they wanted. Most of us had a shoe box or two of ornaments that we will now remember as Gramma's when we put up our trees in the future.
1 comment:
I love both of these topics!!!
I didn't get our tree down until last weekend as well... no biggie though (I wanted to keep it up all year, but Steve said no)... I LOVED having our first Christmas together so much, i wanted to remember it all year long!
Post a Comment