Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Eve

M and I went bowling Saturday morning to test out my new bowling ball.  I'm happy to break 100 but my first game I bowled a 146 and my second game a 127.  I'm guessing my new ball has a lot to do with that.  My average has been 108 for the past couple of months and now it's 124.  

When M was coming down the stairs at our house, this is the shirt he came down with as a joke.  I told him he had to wear it to bowling.


My ball's debut
We cleaned the kitchen after we got home, took a quick little power nap and then got ready to go out to dinner.  M took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  It is by far my favorite steak restaurant.  After a very nice dinner, we headed back home to celebrate with just the two of us as we most often do on New Year's Eve.


We broke out a little bit of our favorite champagne, turned on some music and hung out with the cats. 





Ok, we actually missed the countdown to midnight.  M went upstairs shortly before midnight to check on something and I was hanging out in the living room.  When I looked at the clock, it as 12:01 am.  M didn't come downstairs until 12:07 so we decided to ring in the new year at 12:10 am.  Oops.  I stayed up until 3 am and M stayed up until 4 am.  Quality champagne = No hangover in the morning. 



Check out the video of our yard before we went to dinner:




And after!



I hope you had a great New Year's Eve and start to 2012. 










3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Cool bowling ball! lol. I still have never been to Ruth's Chris but I have heard it is awesome

Ang said...

sounds like a GREAT night, except for missing midnight and all :)

Love your ball, it's soooo pretty!

Jamie said...

Happy New Year! I like the cats! Nice scarf btw :)