M and I went to the highly anticipated and elite Winterfest sponsored by the MN Craft Brewer's Guild at the Minnesota History Center last Friday night. Winterfest is an indoor beer festival that boasts many different Minnesota breweries.
We went last year and the event and setup itself seemed to have improved since then. The event sold out back in December in like 10 seconds (I think for real) and last year I said I probably wouldn't go again but my honey wanted me back and I wanted to go back.
I saw one of my friends when we were waiting in line to get in. At the door, they give you a booklet and a souvenir tasting glass and then you're free to roam.
M wore the most ridiculous and awesome shirt. This is the only place he would ever wear it and it was big hit with a lot of people there. Oh, I can't forget his pretzel necklace either. (It's way common to see them there. You have to cleanse your palate between beers of course!)
We started on our own and then met up with one of the owners of M's company and his wife and spent the rest of the evening with them.
I enjoyed myself more than I did last year and M took full advantage of the tastings. We had plans of taking a cab home but no need, I was ok to drive home at the end of the night.
We went last year and the event and setup itself seemed to have improved since then. The event sold out back in December in like 10 seconds (I think for real) and last year I said I probably wouldn't go again but my honey wanted me back and I wanted to go back.
I saw one of my friends when we were waiting in line to get in. At the door, they give you a booklet and a souvenir tasting glass and then you're free to roam.
M wore the most ridiculous and awesome shirt. This is the only place he would ever wear it and it was big hit with a lot of people there. Oh, I can't forget his pretzel necklace either. (It's way common to see them there. You have to cleanse your palate between beers of course!)
We started on our own and then met up with one of the owners of M's company and his wife and spent the rest of the evening with them.
I enjoyed myself more than I did last year and M took full advantage of the tastings. We had plans of taking a cab home but no need, I was ok to drive home at the end of the night.
This would be the last picture M's glass would ever be in. Minutes later, M slips in the parking lot and smashes his glass. RIP, Winterfest glass. It just wasn't meant to be.
An accident we saw on the way home. It was slippery.
No comments:
Post a Comment