Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Old Friends, Music and Beer

M and I went to Pickle Park in Fridley on Saturday, November 2nd to see my friend Heather's husband's band perform.  It's also the band of one of my oldest friends, Rich.  Once we were there, Chris met up with us as well.

This was the grand finals of a battle of the bands-type event where 11 bands played and competed for $35,000 in cash and prizes. They had played 5 rounds of shows over the summer to get to this point. Unfortunately, they did not win, but another band they are friends with did.

Heather's husband Jeremy on stage
Me and Heather
I wasn't sure who would be there but I was pleasantly surprised to see some friends of mine.  I've seen all of the guys below in the last two years but it is a rare event when we are all together so it was a must that M took a picture of us.  Heather and I met Matt and Rich on the same day when they were at the mall with each other the summer before 9th grade.  Once we started high school that year, we saw Rich our first day of school as he was one of the new kids in the district since he went to a private school before. As for Tim, we go back to 5th grade.     

Matt, Me, Tim, Rich

After the show, M, Chris and myself went to Dangerous Man Brewing for a couple.  Both Chris and I had never been there but of course M has multiple times.  He even had his Dangerous Man t-shirt on. (P.S. Michael gets mistaken for the Dangerous Man in the beer community a lot!)

MY Dangerous Man
THE Dangerous Man

The bar was packed and it was early.  We didn't have anywhere to sit at first but found seating after about 45 minutes.  I saw one of the news reporters from KARE 11 there drinking with his family/friends.

I had the pumpkin spice ale which was delicious.  So delicious I had two.  At one point in the night, one of the bartenders/workers got on top of the bar, got everyone's attention and said that they wanted to cheers everyone as it was one of those rare times when the mood, the people, the beer and everything is right and so we all raised our glasses and cheered and continued to sip away.  I was buzzed at this point so I thought that his intermission into our lives while in their establishment was perfect.




M and I dropped off Chris and we went to Applebee's where we had some water, some food and terrible service before going home and calling it a night.

It was a big weekend for me.  I hardly ever go out on weekends let alone both Friday AND Saturday.  I felt young again!



2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I haven't seen WTT play in a couple of years... Rich never promotes these shows anymore which is a bummer. We were all sick that weekend but it would have been fun to see you and the guys too! It has been almost a year since I've seen Hillesheim and I haven't seen you or Heather since my baby shower last March!!

Dana said...

I hadn't seen them for years either. I wouldn't have known about it if Heather hadn't asked me to go. I hadn't seen Rich since my dad's funeral and Hillesheim since July 2012! I'm missing you too!