Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday-Vices

I tried to think of a vice I have in life and the only one I can come up with is food. I love food...and it shows. I never started smoking. I am a social drinker. I don't drink caffiene. I don't do drugs. My vice is food. I love it, as I think many of us do, but it's always been a part of my life that I haven't been able to control as much as the other things in my life. I've gained and lost weight many times over throughout my life and have never been that successful with getting my weight to where I want it to be.

What's your vice(s)? Do you consider it be a little or big part of how it effects your life? Have you taken any steps to control it?

Other TFT's:

6 comments:

Ang said...

Dang it Dana! I was going to do a TFT on Vices today! Good thing I looked here first.

My vices:
Salt (big time), and I am trying to cut back on it.
Coffee, mostly for the caffeine... but I just LOVE the taste of it!
TV, I sometimes think I watch too much of it.
FACEBOOK! ugh... enough said.

Michelle Leigh said...

I think mine are coffee, coke and sweets. I think the coke and sweets are a problem in my life (weight wise) and well I just don't ever want to give up coffee so I don't see it as a problem!

Ok, so wine too but can you blame me? 3 kids 3 and under? Enough said.

mamamouseiam said...

vice
1. An evil, degrading, or immoral habit or practice. b. A serious moral failing. (My vice doesn't fit into this category, that's for sure!)
2. Wicked or evil habits or conduct: corruption. (Wicked? Nope.)
3. Sexual immorality, esp. prostitution. (YIKES! Picture my eyes wide and my little mouse paws clasped over my mouth in shock and horror!)
4. A slight personal failing: foible (Bingo!)

My vice? Chocolate. I'm lucky my metabolism is good, because I have absolutely NO WILLPOWER! Your uncle hides zip-loc bags of chocolate treats for me; when I really, really need some, I call him at work to find out where I can find one!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Sex, drugs and rock n roll. Kidding!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My vices are food, blogging, and ????? I am not sure if they count because I do not see them fitting in with the definition mamamouseiam left!

Michael said...

My only Vice coincedentally is watching reruns of Miami Vice over and over again.

Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs are my friends!