Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday's Fun Facts

Happy Friday Peeps!

  • Since weather records started being kept, Good Friday has had the most overcast and unseasonably cool days off all the days between March 29th and April 23rd, the earliest and the latest dates on which Good Friday can fall.
  • There are at least 45 foods that have been shown in separate studies to prevent one kind of cancer, but cause another. For example, pineapple help prevent breast cancer, but increase the risk of skin cancer.
  • The backpack industry is the largest purchaser of zippers, by both dollars and length.
  • More playground accidents are caused by seesaws than any other piece of equipment.

3 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

So, do you opt for breast cancer or skin cancer? What a strange fact!

Ang said...

funny stuff, while at the park with my niece today I learned that they have a new 'modern' version of the see-saw - which my friend and I decided was because of how dangerous the old ones had to have been! I'll try to remember to snap a picture!

Jamie said...

Remember my teetor totor accident? LOL! Or did I just bite my lip on a frozen candy bar?!?! HA!