Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Minnesota State Fair

We went to the Minnesota State Fair with M's company last Tuesday. He works just blocks from the fair and they pay for all their employees and families to go to the fair. They get to leave at 1 pm and that's when I met M at his work to join him. I didn't take too many pictures this year.


Facts:

The day we went to fair, Tuesday, the attendance record was broken (for a Tuesday during the course of the fair) with 129,423 visitors that day. It didn't seem very busy to me though as we didn't have to wait in line for anything. Another record that was broken was the all-time attendance record for all 12 days of the fair. The total amount of visitors was 1,790,497, beating out 2001's record by almost 30,000 people!

Food:

My favorite food at the fair is corn on the cob and we each had two of them. We shared fried ravioli and a lemonade and I had cheese on a stick. I don't know why I get that each year because I'm disappointed with it each time. I then had a pickle dog and ended with my favorite, 1919 root beer. That's all I had though! That's not very much for going to the fair. We didn't even have cheese curds!

Rides and Games:

We went on the Ferris Wheel and played skeeball and a couple of other arcade type games.

Animals, Exhibits, Booths, etc:

We didn't go into any of the buildings except to peek around the food building. We did spend some time at the KFAN area and listened to Common Man and Tenna B.

Bonus:

I did get to see Ben Leber from the Minnesota Vikings though! He was just walking around with his wife and pulling his kid in a wagon. I wanted to say hi but my heart stopped momentarily and then by the time it started beating again, it was too late. Oh well. It seems that we are Vikings magnets anyways so I'm sure I'll spot him somewhere else one of these days.





3 comments:

Ang said...

the Vikings run in is fate lady - you two are meant to be togehter... you and M that is ;)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I love the Fair but it is the same every year. That is awesome M gets tickets and out of work early to go!

Jamie said...

We went on Saturday and had a good time. Geez - you always seem to run into Vikings. Cool.