Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nick Thune

Last Thursday, M and I went to Acme Comedy Club to see Nick Thune. He's a 29 year old, 6 foot 5 that looks even taller since he's so skinny. He is currently in the movie, Extract and if you want to see him, he is on the Jay Leno Show tonight. He was very funny but has his own sense of delivery as he plays the guitar while on stage and sometimes will sing mini-songs. Here's an example of one of his jokes...

Remember, like, 20 years ago when Arby's was offering 5 roast beef sandwiches for $5 and you thought about how great of a deal that was? Now, Arby's is still offering that same deal today. So what does that mean? Either Arby's has been inflation proof for all this time or they have been high-balling us since then.

Ok, so jokes are all in the delivery and timing, and they are not as funny when you read them but you get the idea. M and I have been successful in seeing a comic once a month. This was our 3rd month and I'm sure you'll hear about another next month!

Here's a little Nick Thune for ya:



2 comments:

Jamie said...

The past few years it was 5 for $5.95...but with the 5 dollar footlong and 5 dollar pizza's, they had to go back. But the best is when I went to an Arby's drive thru and ordered a Roast Beef sandwich and they told me they were out of beef!!! I'm guessing that store had an exceptional manager.

Jamie said...

TTFN