Monday, September 28, 2009

A Weekend to Ourselves

It has been an extremely rare occasion when M and I had no real plans on a weekend. This has happened once since the beginning of the summer. We woke up mid-morning on the 19th, bummed around the house for a bit and took the motorcycle out for what was one of the last gorgeous September days. We went to Cici's Pizza in Eagan for lunch and then rode around the area enjoying the sun and taking some pictures. While on Hwy 13 in Eagan, we saw some wild turkeys (I love them!) on the side of the road so I took a few pictures. We drove around Fort Snelling and Minnehaha Falls before making our way back to our house around 3:30 pm where I took a super long 4 hour nap and it was great. I love to sleep but don't do it as much as I'd like to. My honey and I went out to dinner and then back to the house to watch a documentary called Secret Yosemite and then listened to music and drank wine until into the 3 am hour. We woke up on Sunday morning late enough where we didn't have much time before the Vikings game started. We cuddled up on the couch, watched the Vikings win and enjoyed football all day long. A great weekend!

The Turkeys


The Mississippi River with the Minneapolis skyline in the background. The water is very low. Look how many people are on the shore



3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

a 4 HOUR nap??!! Yikes, that is almost a full-night's sleep to me! lol

Jamie said...

Sounds relaxing

Jamie said...

I like seeing turkeys too! :)