Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekend Recap

On Friday night, M and I went out to dinner at Acapulco and then went to see the movie, Law Abiding Citizen starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx. Before watching this movie, I thought it might turn out to be really cheesy but it was really good and intelligent, and that's not just because Gerard Butler is hot. I recommend this movie.

I woke up on Saturday morning and was more than thrilled to see the sun shining bright. The days are few and far between for the sun this month and we've been more accustomed to cloudy skies and rain. I took advantage of the morning and left the house before M got up and went to the cemetery. I went to visit my grandparent's graves. I love cemeteries and have since about 10th grade. While I am afraid of death, (not for myself but for others) I do not think of death very often in cemeteries but more of history. Cemeteries are one of the most beautiful places on earth and they are fascinating. I especially like the cemetery that my grandparents are buried in. It's probably my favorite. I also went there to try and take some pictures for the photo hunt I am currently working on. After not having a charged battery, it was almost dead so I only took a few. I did see some deer there though. I have only been there one time when I didn't see deer. I hope you don't find the pictures of my grandparents grave stones creepy but interesting.





This Dala horse (Swedish horse) was on the ground. He looked like he fell off of something.


After I got home, M and I went out to breakfast to a cafe in St. Paul. We hadn't been there for awhile and I ended up seeing someone I have successfully avoided for the past 15 years, one of my ex-boyfriends. I don't normally hold grudges in life but there are two people on my grudge list and he's one of them. Here's a good reason why: I met him when I was 17 years old and he was my first BOYFRIEND if you can figure out what I mean by that without me having to say it. He was older than me and I was a naive, young impressionable girl (I still am) and he just hurt me. The best example of that hurt would be when I found out from someone else after he had broken up with me that he was engaged to another girl while we were together. Yeah..... So I saw HIM on Saturday. As far as I know, he didn't see me. Good. Moving on.....

M and I took a little ride in the car later in the afternoon to Tamarack Nature Center and later up to Chisago City, Lindstrom and Center City. M used to live on Chisago Lake with his brother so he took me to look at his old house. All of those towns are so cute and were founded by Swedish immigrants. (P.S. I'm about 75% Swedish-also according to Wikipedia, Minnesota has the most Swedish Americans of any other state) We also went to a pumpkin patch. I've been to places that have pumpkins already cut and ready but this place still had the pumpkins in the...patch. I've never seen that before. It was fun to walk around see all the families picking out their own pumpkin. There was a corn maze that had Wizard of Oz theme but we didn't go in there.

Michael building something with the sticks in the woods-Ok, not really. The sticks were already there. He's just posing with a stick as though he had built it.

Look at that butt... I mean the leaves!
Do you see M way back in between the trees? This was a cemetery and there was one single grave back there.

We got back to our house and I made filet mignon and baked potatoes. We relaxed and watched Saturday Night Live and went to bed and went to the Vikings game on Sunday. I already posted about that here. I hope your weekend was as good as mine!

P.S. Dad, we drove by what used to be Paradise Resort in Chisago. It's partially a park now and some other place to stay or a private residence. It brought back memories you grounding me in a room while we were on vacation. I still don't know what I did. Everyone felt bad for me. I hope you're not still thinking about it after all these years. It's obvious I haven't forgotten. Ha ha. :)

8 comments:

Ang said...

Your boyfriend is funny, Dana! who poses with a pile of sticks... really!? LOL :)

sounds like a great weekend - sure was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That's our church and the church that "Grumpy Old Men" was filmed in. If you like Center City, the next time you come out this way you should visit Franconia Township. It's right on the river. You'll get some great pictures there! You were just 5 minutes from my house.

Megan

Rebecca said...

The only think I find creepy about cemeteries is when a family buys a headstone, but the person isn't dead yet. So it says their name and the year that they were born, but doesn't list a death date just a ---- . That's kind of freaky.

Jamie said...

I like the pic of M in Tom's truck :) Sounds like a cool day...I really like your pics.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My brother poses with piles of rocks, so I don't think M is weird at all! LOL
PS My parents also live in Chisago City (but maybe you already knew that??)

Loren said...

Next time you're up this far north, head a little west and stop by my place on Coon Lake in East Bethel. Small towns with real main streets are the best! :)

Julie said...

LOL you guys are too funny! M posing with a pile of sticks??? I love the picture where he's posing with the Pumpkin farm truck.
You guys sure are a busy couple, I am envious. Do you want to babysit my 3 kids so I can go out for a weekend? Haha!

John said...

Hey Cuz! You and M should have stopped by to see us on Saturday (I live in Chisago now). I love reading your blog! It looks like you two are always out doing something fun! Isn't it such a fun area to visit!