Monday, November 16, 2009

Bobcat

This month's Quest for Comedy was back at Acme to see Bobcat Goldthwait. I'm hoping you all know who he is but if you don't, you might remember him from Police Academy movies and also his very distinct stage voice. He didn't use that voice during his stand up though. In recent years, he has been behind the camera directing popular TV shows instead of on-stage. Last Thursday's show was his first (I believe) in 3 months as he just had back surgery and was returning to the stage. He seemed a bit rusty but I don't know if that was just him. He is all over the place with his words and thoughts that a story/bit is never told very smoothly. I thought he was very funny at times. He was very dirty at times and pushed the boundaries on some certain jokes (Michael Jackson) but you wanted his show to be politically correct, you probably wouldn't have been there in the first place. John Evans opened the show and he was also very funny. He's been on Comedy Central and Last Comic Standing.

I didn't get any pictures of the comics on stage as you cannot take photos so the posters will have to do.



No comments: