Monday, November 16, 2009

A Change of Plans

I went out with Tanya and Chris on Friday night to downtown Minneapolis and met them at Applebee's in Block E. M was out of town just for the evening as he went up to his cabin for one more Saturday morning deer hunt. I had asked Tanya and Chris if they wanted to see a band with me at First Avenue that I have been wanting to see since the spring but due to different engagements, I have yet to see them so I was excited to go. I could have purchased tickets in advance but I didn't think it would be a big deal to buy them at the door. I was going to get them at a ticket outlet in Maplewood but First Avenue had already picked up their supply of tickets on Friday by the time I got off of work so I chanced it and lost. The concert was sold out when we got there. I was bummed but there is always next time. Instead, we walked a couple of blocks north to The Imperial Room. With Tanya on the brink of 30 and Chris and I into our 30's, there are not many places that we belong at in downtown. The Imperial Room was perfect. They had a DJ playing great music with an area to dance but they also had a couches in the back to relax on and we were lucky enough to get one. The Imperial Room has a great list of martini's and that is exactly what I wanted to order. I ordered the Key Lime Martini, which is something out of the ordinary for me but it sounded good since it came with a graham cracker crust. When it arrived and I took my first sip, I didn't like it at all. There was cream in it, way too much cream in it that it tasted too much like milk. (I HATE milk) I "returned" it for the Southern Angel, which was very good. I can't remember what was in it besides vodka, southern comfort and mint leaves. We sat on our couch until 1 am listening to the music and watching all the people. The one thing that DOES NOT make girls unique in this day of fashion are skinny jeans. Every girl wears them, whether they should or not and it's almost annoying to see that no one else is wearing anything different, except for the girl that had on the hot pink spandex pants! The other item is boots. Whether you have a skirt on or leggings or pants or jeans or tucked in your pants or out, or up to your knees or just past your ankles, boots are everywhere. I like boots but again, every girl is dressed the same.

My huge drink at Applebee's---Red Apple Sangria-Delicious!
My not-so-good martini




Click on the pictures to see the spandex!


3 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

Wow, those pants rock! Well, at least she's thin enough to wear spandex, whether or not spandex is cute, well that's another question isn't it!

I just bought some skinny jeans. I swore I wouldn't when they came back, but I guess a girl is entitled to change her mind! I think they are cute when worn the right way and on the right person. Nuff said.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I hate skinny jeans and I will never ever wear them

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.