Sunday, July 18, 2010

Feed My Starving Children

On Tuesday, I volunteered with some people from my work to go to the Eagan location of Feed My Starving Children. It's a Christian based organization however you don't have to be Christian to go there and volunteer. I volunteered once before with the department I used to work in but this time it was open to anyone in the company who wanted to volunteer. We were there for a little over 2 hours and packed food for about 1.5 hours. There were a couple of other smaller groups also there and collectively we were able to pack 87 boxes of food, which equates to feeding 51 children for a year. Not too bad for a couple hours of your time! Find an organization you like and spend a couple of hours volunteering your time with them. If you feel you don't have time on your own, talk to your employer and ask them to get a crew together. What's better than doing something great and getting out of work for a few hours?

I'm in the white shirt but I conveniently turned my head when the picture was being taken.

2 comments:

mamamouseiam said...

Good for you, Dana! Dennis, John, Jen and I volunteered awhile back - it was fun to do together, and we felt good about it. Jen and I are going to get a volunteer crew together soon - maybe you'll want to join us! :)

Dana said...

Yes mamamouse, let me know!