In the last few days, I've seen butterflies, birds, turkeys, deer and even a cow. Please click on each picture for further detail.
This is one of the butterflies that hang in our yard. We have at least three of them. He is very curious and hangs around us when we're outside. M can put his hand out and he will land on it. I've tried but he won't do it for me. He will come very close but won't land. He tried to land on the flowers on my shirt this week. He is a very pretty butterfly. Don't tell me he is a moth because in my mind he is a butterfly. We've named him Flutter.
Here are some birds we saw on the way home from M's parents house last week. They are brown crane-looking type birds but I've never seen anything like that before. Does anyone know what type of bird this is? I love this picture....the placement of the birds and the bales of hay compared to the background of dark woods with white birch trees mixed in.

Remember the deer we saw last week eating off the apple tree? This is the same yard. We drove by and saw deer and turkeys together. I love it when animals mingle with each other!

Ok, so it's not a real cow. We saw him parked on the side of the road over by Como. Had to put M in there to give you some perspective of how big this thing was. My favorite part? The giant
veins in his udder...thing...down...there. I don't know what it's called!
2 comments:
VERY COOL pictures! I love to see the animals you capture.
Your cranes look like Sandhill cranes. Did they have reddish foreheads? We have them too - they make a very distinctive call. And the cow with the giant veins in his udder thing? HE must be a SHE! :D
Mamamouse,
Sandhill cranes look correct. They were too far away to see their forehead. Ok, if only females have udders, I've just learned something new! P.S. I label everything as a HE. :)
Post a Comment