Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tacos and Turkeys

M and I went out for tacos last Friday night.  The evening was so nice that we took the motorcycle.  After dinner, we saw a gorgeous sunset and we drove around our neighborhood enjoying the night.  We drove by a house and I swear I saw a turkey on their roof.  M turned around and went back and yes, there were two turkeys on the roof above the garage.  We just stopped to watch them and they were peeking in the windows of the house.  Can you imagine being on the 2nd floor of your house and looking out the window and seeing turkeys staring in at you?  They finally left the roof and one "flew" right over us into the tree above us.  Wild turkeys are so clumsy and weird and awkward which makes them so funny to watch so it was funny to see a 20 lb bird on a very high branch above us looking like he has no idea what he is doing up there.  It was getting dark so my pictures aren't the greatest but you get the idea.




The silhouette of the turkey above us



3 comments:

Jamie said...

I think that is so funny! How weird to drive by and happen to catch them.

Kim Airhart said...

I'm clumsy, awkward and weird too.

Kristi said...

Great visual of the turkeys in the window!! LMAO